So this dish is inspired by the beauty of the Indian kitchen! I believe that Indian Food is so special to others in its composition and in it’s flavors. What is different about this dish from it’s traditional roots is that I changed a few ingredients that made it even more tasteful for me and also my family. Enjoy!
All you need for 4 people as a side dish are:
- black lentils ( 300g)
- water ( about 450 ml)
- kidney beens ( 100-200g)
- fresh basil ( handful)
- spicy or non spicy tomato sauce ( 100-200 ml)
- cayenne pepper ( depends on what spice level you like I use 3-4 tsp)
- turmeric ( 2 tsp)
- cumin ( half a tsp)
- salt ( 1 tsp)
- pepper ( 1 tsp)
How its done:
- Bowl the water in a pot and add turmeric, salt, cumin and pepper to it.
- Then you add the lentils and let them cook for about 30 minutes until there is nearly no water left ( If the water is gone early add another glass of water)
- Add kidney beens and tomato sauce and let it cook on a lower heat for about 10 minutes
- To make it look pretty put the fresh basil on top and some extra cayenne pepper for a colorful look and you’re done!
Serve rice, veggies, Nan bread or a curry as a side.
I hope you liked it! Leave a comment if you want know the recipes of the other dishes that go with it.
All pictures are taken by myself.